The ESREA Research Network on Adult Educators, Trainers and their Professional Development (ReNAdET) is a recently established network, the general scope of which is to provide input on how to improve the conditions needed for the personal and professional development of adult educators and trainers, enhancing the attractiveness of their profession and therefore strengthening the idea of quality in adult education in Europe. This is to be achieved by stipulating some insight into key issues and challenges related to the adult educator and related staff, and by highlighting essential areas of action, current trends, good practices, initiatives and relevant policies. On these grounds the aim of the network is threefold:
- To bring forward the experience from all around Europe, on issues pertaining to the multiple roles, practices and settings in which adult educators and related staff act and grow.
- To report on current European projects and stimulate research in this area.
- To explore the ways in which policies develop and analyse their possible impact.
- Georgios K. Zarifis is an assistant professor in the Faculty of Philosophy, of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in Greece. His research interests focus on adult educators' training and professionalisation, university continuing education and comparative examination of adult learning policies and practices in Southeastern Europe. (email@example.com)
- Larissa Jogi is an associate professor in adult education and as the head of Adult Education Department in the Institute of Educational Science at Tallinn University in Estonia. Her research interests include teaching and learning in university, adult training and adult educator professional development, adult learning and learning in the life course. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wolfgang Juette is currently Professor in the Faculty of Education at the University of Bielefeld in Germany. His main research is focused on international and comparative adult education, co-operation and network research and on university continuing education. (email@example.com)